Grand Theft Auto IV – Cluckin’ Bell Fowl Burger
To celebrate the Grand Theft Auto V trailer that was released today here’s a recipe for the Cluckin’ Bell
foul ‘Fowl Burger’! Now you can pee your pants over the trailer while you stuff your face and feel just like Niko Bellic! There’s only a couple Cluckin’ Bell restaurants dotted around Liberty City compared to the role the restaurant played in earlier versions of GTA (where you could order up to 4 meals including a salad) but in GTA IV the $1 fowl burger is your only option. I was seriously tempted, like with ‘The Heart Stopper’, to make the “Stuffed Pollo Todo Frito”; you can watch the advert and witness a corncob being stuffed up a chickens bum if that’s your sort of thing – but again it was costly and extraordinary and not exactly available to Niko in-game. Some day… SOME DAY I will make both of these just for the sheer glory and meat sweats.
What you will need: A frying pan, meat tenderiser, 2 bowls.
For the Fowl Burger:
1 Large Chicken Breast
50g / ½ Cup Breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
1 Tablespoon Ground Coriander
1 Tablespoon Paprika
White Burger Bun / Bread roll
Baby Gem Lettuce Leaves
1 Baby Shallot
1 Slice of Mild Cheddar Cheese
Making the Fowl Burger:
- Combine the cumin, coriander and paprika with the breadcrumbs in a bowl and mix well. In another beat the egg and set aside.
- Heat a good amount of olive oil in a frying pan on a medium high heat. Beat the chicken breast so it is about 1-2cm thick, cut in half so you have two evenly sized pieces.
- Dip them in the egg and then coat well in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Once the oil is hot enough, fry the coated chicken breasts for about 4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Toast the bun then layer ketchup, lettuce, chicken, cheese, lettuce, chicken, lettuce, mayonnaise, sliced shallot and close with the top of the bun.
- Serve with fries and a Sprunk and enjoy; the chicken didn’t die in vain.
I don’t know about you, but any time I’ve walked into a Cluckin’ Bell some guy starts a fight with me, these gangs seem pretty protective of this chicken so it must be pretty awesome. Cluckin’ Bell dutifully promises that they provide ‘billions of chickens with a very happy resting place – your stomach!’ so what more reason do you need to eat this?! Just don’t choke-a-doodle-doo, chicks and cocks.
Love Grand Theft Auto? Then check out ‘The Bleeder‘ recipe.